How to deal with this discomfort?
For many of us lightheadedness when you stand, dizziness and drowsiness are well known symptoms. All they are often caused by what we call low blood pressure. See what can be done to overcome discomfort in such moments.
How do we know if our blood pressure is low ? :
To find out if you suffer from high or low blood pressure, first we must be aware of the criteria according to which it is measured. For normal or healthy blood pressure value is accepted 120/80 mm Hg (millimeters of mercury).
Fluctuations in both directions, associated with certain symptoms are qualified and treated as high or low blood pressure.
In certain extent the reduced blood pressure is considered a better option. Even when values are 85/55, we can consider ourselves healthy, if there are no following symptoms:
- dizziness and vertigo;
- dehydration, which often is a cause for lowering the blood pressure;
- blurred vision;
- forgetfulness or inability to concentrate;
- fatigue or depression;
- rapid and shallow breathing;
- pale complexion, and cold skin.
When can lower blood pressure ? :
- by prolonged horizontal body position / bedsores;
- in blood loss;
- the use of certain drugs (eg. those for the treatment of hypertension, beta-blockers, drugs for the treatment of Parkinson’s, certain antidepressants, etc.);
- with heart or endocrine disorders;
- in allergic reactions;
- in food nedoimatsi – prolonged deficiency of vitamin B12 and folic acid in the body can lead to anemia, which in turn give rise to low blood pressure.
- in neurally mediated hypotension – unlike orthostatic hypotension, this disorder occurs due to prolonged standing, and causes symptoms such as dizziness, nausea and a feeling of weakness occurs because of poor “communication” between the heart and brain.
Severe symptoms of hypotension occur relatively rare, more common are annoying dizziness and a feeling of weakness. These are not serious symptoms, but we can take some simple steps to save some discomfort.
Practical advice on discomfort caused by reduced blood malyagane
- Keep your body well hydrated, drink enough water, especially on warm days or disease associated with fever;
- Increase your intake of salt diet, but choose marine and Himalayan front of iodized salt;
- Limit your intake of alcohol, cigarettes and caffeinated beverages. Although the latter are known to increase the blood pressure in the short term in a slightly longer term howling to frequent fluctuations and sharp falls;
- Perform regular exercise to improve his circulation. Especially useful may be practicing yoga. Although at first you may feel some discomfort in positions related to partial or full reversal of the body upside down over time blood pressure will normalize and complaints will disappear;
- Be careful when getting up from lying or seat. Avoid sudden movements to save yourself the hassle of dizziness and lightheadedness;
- Avoid long stay in hot showers, saunas and spa treatments associated with prolonged exposure to heat. If you do get some dizziness, immediately sit down, and if you have the opportunity – bed;
- Reduce carbohydrates. Eat more often in small portions. Rest after meals;
- Optimize your diet by including more fresh fruits and vegetables and foods rich in vitamins of B group.