To eat slowly
Slow Food, fun nutrition and health benefits of
Look around. Do you notice how fast people eat? Fast pace of life and eat a leg. And what speed you develop while you eat? If you define more like cheetahs, it means this article is for you. Learn about the benefits of eating slowly. If you’re more of a snail, congratulations – you know what to feel satiety and pleasure from food.
Rush, rush, rush tirelessly
But let’s slow pace! Particularly with regard to the food.
Surely you’ve heard / read quite often – we live in a very busy schedules. Or at least most of us.
Racing – from task to task. The time would still not enough.
We start healthy habits “tomorrow” but only in words because time still eludes us.
Many people eat on foot, in the car or walking to the office. Swallow food so fast that not understand what it took. But they understand how severe they become, and soon hungry again remind myself.
The reason is precisely that – the rapid rate at which food is accepted. The change only this factor may contribute to several benefits that will discuss below.
Back to School
Slip back into student period. I think my habit to eat quickly (which successfully vanquish recent years) starts somewhere.
The big break is 20 minutes. This is the minimum time you should eat. And what at first to go?
Let’s go textbooks already finished occupation and prepare materials for next to freshen up, to romp with his classmates, and on top of that I and hungry – you have to go get my breakfast / to pull out of the bag and eat it.
And in my yard walk …
Well, recess is over already.
Luckily my student years coincided with my big change in the food and sporting attitude and it helped me slowed and eat more slowly.
And you know – it is estimated that we need 20 minutes of the start of a meal, while to reach the brain signals of satiety.
The process begins when glimpse food – feel increased salivation in the mouth. This is the premise for the second step – to put food in your mouth and it to take on its journey through the digestive tract.
The next stops are also preparing. Stomach – with the release of more acid and small intestine – for peristalsis, etc. chain.
If we eat too fast tract forcing us to deal with poorly processed food, which is not yet fully prepared.
Benefits are not a few. And small.
- digest better. If we eat slowly and chew food well, giving you the chance of organ systems to work optimally.
- aid in reducing weight. We manage to maintain a desired weight easily because accept fewer calories.
There are few studies about it. One of them took part 30 women aged 22.9 +/- 7.1 years and flesh index 22.1 +/- 2.9. They underwent two tests – fast and slow food. When you eat quickly, taking 645.7 kcal, while Slow Food – 579 kcal. Imagine the difference at every meal. Every day. Collect a lot of calories, right?
- We not getting hungry soon after we finished the food.
- Satisfaction – are not overfed, City and we feel pleasure from food.
- Better hydration – hydration of the body is important. Eventually, the water takes up a huge percentage of our body. When you eat slowly, take a large amount of water (289 g in fast food, but aims 409.6 g at slow).
- Improving the condition in eating disorders.
Some people suffer from having to swallow large amounts of food. Their curtain falls and no time destroy everything their sight. Then there are feelings of guilt and regret. Things may improve if the pace slowed.
- Avoids feeling bloated. When we eat fast food we swallow large pieces, and they can get stuck in the stomach. In parallel, enters and more air into the digestive tract.
There are a few tricks that can slow paced and eating slowly becoming fun. Here’s how to get the maximum enjoyment of eating:
- Dine in a relaxed atmosphere (casual play music, light a candle);
- Chew your food slowly (take a small bite and leave the cutlery on the table right after that, cut it in small pieces, some people advise to eat with chopsticks, but for me it is rather painful if you do not know how good);
- Find your companion slower fun meal and eat together;
- Take foods rich in fiber;
- Do not watch TV (do not talk on the phone, do not drive, browse through the paper);
focus on food (try to feel the texture of her fragrance, try to know what spices dominate, enjoy each bite – so the pleasure will increase).
I have some bad news – not as easy as it seems.
When we live in the fast lane, even if you start to eat slowly, imperceptibly sinking in thought, distracted and begin again to absorb quickly and greedily.
There are good – when detect high levels of speedometer us, we can slow down the pace. At every moment. Sooner or later we will build new and useful habit.
Slow Food (Slow Food)
This is the name of the brand officially and international movement. It began in 1980 in Italy by Carlo Petrini (Carlo Petrini) as opposed to fast food chains.
The official creation was in 1986 and so far have involved more than 160 countries, thousands of projects and millions of people. The logo is a snail and eloquent – to slow down the pace. Especially in terms of food preparation.
Slow Food aims to preserve local traditions, encourage the cultivation of local varieties of seeds, crops and animal breeds.
Slow Food advocates for good food, gastronomic pleasure and a slow pace of life. Doing things slowly but efficiently.